Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Blogger's Block

Blogger resorts to dull interview shock.
My third day of blogging is proving harder than days one and two. I've tentatively started writing on such subjects as buying houses, England's wicket-keeping dilemma, story-writing for beginners and day-time home improvements TV shows. Barely got past the first sentence on any of these.

It's grim outside. From the top floor of my flat I can see the buses ferrying people in and out of the city. There's an elderly couple in the gloom at the bus stop now. I know, why don't I nip out and interview them for the blog? Maybe someone would find THAT interesting.

Me: Hi, do you mind if I ask you a few questions for my Blog?
OAP 1: You what?
Me: Never mind. I was just wondering if this bus went up Park Road.
OAP 2: You want the 76. That's the next stand.
Me: Thanks. Cold for this time of year, isn't it?
OAP 2: Miserable. I was just saying to our Henry, it's like bloomin winter.
OAP 1: (Agreeing) Winter.
Me: Are you going into town then?
OAP 2: Oh I, town, yeah.
Me: Up to anything in particular?
OAP 1 : (Interupting) Are you from the social?
Me: No, no, just passing time.
(A green and cream coloured double decker bus approaches from the distance).
Me: Is this yours, then?
OAP 2: Oh I.
Me: Have a nice day.
(slightly apologetic wave from OAP 2).

Okay, Parkinson I ain't. But it's given me an idea for some material later in the week. My mission is to find a celebrity (however minor) and interview them. Somehow I need to keep this stuff original if anyone's ever to show any interest in it.

Anyway, I'm off to a pretty good start so far with the blog. Installing the site visit counter yesterday revealled over 20 hits already! Now, admittedly, well over 15 of these have been me, logging in to check if anyone is reading this stuff... I'm clearly talking to myself at the moment. Time to log off.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?